Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Extra Credit- Jeremy Brinson

After seeing all the films from this semester and having watched numerous films in my lifetime, I'd have to say that my favorite genre of film is classic. I don't really know why, maybe it's the fact that I've been raised on Disney and so the story structure of hero, adventure, low point, climax, victory, happy ending, has gotten engraved into my skull. It's the idea that someone goes through something to triumph and have a happy ending not only makes it easy to relate and the fact that it helps one cope with their own life is it. that and the fact that black and White was the first thing I saw on TV and I fell in love with it. Classic film style is a part of my childhood, you could say. To this day, My favorite film is a tie between Bill Ross's Jumbo and Kiss me Kate. The story pattern is the same, but the journey and detailing are different and stand out when put together. Though it isn't real life, its escapist qualities make it so appealing that I can't resist!

No comments:

Post a Comment